Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Poem of Purpose

When The Roll Is Called
{Sandra Walker-10/26/2004}

What will happen when the end does come,
Will I be waiting and ready,
Or will I really run?

When the sky splits in the East;
And the Lord calls out real loud,
When the roll is called up yonder,
Will I be there?

Will all I did in secret be told from mountain top?
Will everyone be able to hear and will I beg Him
Please, please stop!

When all around the saints go by;
In robes of purest white,
Will I stand trembling on the edge,
Unable to control my fright?

When it's all over and Hell is full;
When Heaven's gates open wide,
When the names of all are over with,
Will my name be written on high?

With Hell's fury burning bright;
The saints going to the other shore,
Is my name listed down in Hell,
Or on Heaven's Roll forevermore?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice! You are truly blessed with the creative knack yourself!

Check out the link and hopefully I'll email ya tomarrow...burnt out I am getting. :)

dovely

Anonymous said...

With a happy song...Sandy will haste a long...In His service faithful be;

All the things that fret She shall soon forget, When Her King shall call for her.

In the valley deep, on the mountain steep, Tho' his face She cannot see...

With a purpose true all His will She'll do...Till her King shall call for her.

He will hold her fast to the very last, For a tower of strength is He;

So She'll sing His praise thro' the long, long days, When her King shall call for her.

In a cheery way She will toil each day, Helping others lovingly,

With her work well done at the set of sun, When her King shall call for her.

May He find Sandy in here place...When her King shall call for her;

With a loyal heart doing well her part When her King shall call for her!

Note: The above is shared as an encouragement to Sandy!! It was not composed by "this" commenter =) It was put together using an olde selected Hymn. ~omifren